~ Hasenbräu Augsburg - Gegr(undet) 1589 ~
This is a brewery stein with a rabbit in the logo for a very old brewery with history. The brewery traces it origins to the year 1534, as shown on one of the coasters below, when it shared its premises with bakery. In 1589, the year on the stein, the brewery became independent from the bakery. The mark on the base is "Sahm - Merkelbach - Hohr Grenzhausen" (see: Chris Wheeler's "Stein Marks"), ca. post WWII.
Hasenbräu Augsburg - Gegr(undet) 1589 Rabbits Brew - Established 1589

Below are a couple of coasters featuring the brewery's namesake, and a post card of the brewery circa 1927.
Translation: Roy De Selms
Photo credit: Uknown