|SCI member Pete Kroll of Glasses, Mugs and Steins, has issued a
new set of Military-Uncle Sam character steins. The four steins all feature
Uncle Sam sitting on a Lincoln Memorial type chair with the American flag draped
over the back. The seal of the United States is in gold on the left side. The
right side features one of four military logos: Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine
Corps. Use of the military logos was arranged though M. Cornell Importers, Inc.
The steins are 9" tall to the top of his hat, holding 28 ounces (0.83
The stein bodies were produced in China by Domex/Gerz and finished in
Germany, i.e., lidded and decals applied and fired. Each stein is a limited
numbered edition of 500.
It usually takes a year or more to develop and produce a character stein
according to Kroll. First a drawing is done by the Domex/Gerz artist. Once that
is approved, a prototype is completed. In this case the first prototype was far
too young with brown hair and a beard, so it was revised with an older looking
The steins are $69.95 with $7.95 shipping on the Glasses, Mugs & Steins
web site, www.gmskroll.com.
A $10 discount is available to veterans, active military members and SCI
Previous character steins developed by Kroll include:
- Wisconsin Sesquicentennial Badger stein.
- Titletown Brewery, Green Bay Wisconsin, Chicago Northwestern Railroad
- Great Dane Harlequin dog character stein.
- Great Dane Fawn dog character stein.
- Leinenkugel Brewery, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, Indian Maiden character
- Leinenkugel Brewery, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, Musky fish character stein.
- Leinenkugel Brewery, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, Jacob Leinenkugel Founders
- Appleton Brewery, Appleton, Wisconsin, Harry Houdini character stein.
- New Glarus Brewing Co., New Glarus, Wisconsin, Dan Carey, owner/brew- master
For additional information contact: Pete Kroll / Glasses, Mugs & Steins
PO Box 207 Sun Prairie, WI 53590 608-837-4818 firstname.lastname@example.org